I am very thankful that we often get a chance to start over. Each morning we can wake up and once again remember God's faithfulness which doesn't end with the day before but continues through the night and is just as new when we begin a new day as it was the day before. God doesn't change, but I'm so glad that He gave us the markers of days and months and years so that we can reorient ourselves, begin anew in a way.
So I'm trying again with this blog. It's lain fallow for most of the year and I'm ready to begin plowing! I'm setting some goals for the year and one of them is to keep up this blog.
In December we bought almost 44 acres to build a cabin on. The land has a small brick house on it already, not something I really want to vacation in, but we're going to fix it up a little, so that it will be a kind of camp for our adult children and their friends. I have been put in charge of the land and what we do on it, so I'm planning on using this blog as a kind of journal of what I learn as I do that. I am very inexperienced in all that pertains to building and renovating and using land. But I'm also excited! I'm looking forward to learning all manner of new skills!
3 comments:
Checked here to see if I could get some info on the move. Glad I did. :-) Sounds like you are in for an adventure!
I like what you said about each day being new. My resolution for 2008 is to LIVE in the day...trying my best not to look back or look forward, simply living and loving in the day I have been given.
Happy New Year, Becky!
Susan
Happy New Year, to you, too, Susan! I like what you say about LIVING the day we're in. I want to do that, too!
Happy New Year, Becky! The land project sounds exciting! Good luck!
I liked your building a fire thoughts, too, but don't have much to add right now since it's 3 am...
Post a Comment