Tuesday, January 15, 2008

She's on her way...

We took her to the airport today and she's on her way to England for the semester. She's alert and very capable and yet I kept trying to keep a check on my mouth: "Don't be too trusting, but have fun!" (Now that's a mother's mouth for you!) "Check to make sure you still have your passport and money after you get them out for some reason." (Does she really need me to say this?) "Your connections are tight, make sure to talk to an agent if your flight is late." I didn't say half of what I thought, so I prayed. I must have prayed for God's watch care over her a hundred times or more. (And I'm still praying.)

I am scared/excited for her. I'm glad she had the initiative and sticktoitivness to make her dream a reality. I pray that she has a wonderful semester - that she meets many new friends, that her world is made bigger- and most of all that her faith in her Lord God is deepened.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks mom. Your advice was great!