We have an old house on the property to deal with first. It's worth something and should at least be maintained so that it doesn't get run down more. That said, it needs a new roof, new septic system, and some lighting/wiring fixed. And some cosmetic work. So even though I get impatient with it because I want to get to the cabin, I'm realizing I need to do what needs to be done first and then do the tasks that are more fun! And it will be helpful to have a place to stay while building that cabin I'm wanting.
Here are a couple of pictures of the big trouble spots:
YUCK!
DOUBLE YUCK!
Owning anything brings responsibilities.
I am finding that I have some decisions to make about these 44 acres. I've been asked by some friends if we're willing to sell some to them. And we have been approached by an oil company about leasing the mineral rights along with a much larger tract they're leasing.
Do I want to plant trees as an investment?
I have to make the decision about the oil company deal quickly and have already had them put a clause in the contract that says they won't damage the land without our prior written permission. But I've decided not to hurry with other decisions... to just live through a year cycle with what we have now and see what it's like.
No comments:
Post a Comment